Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Way to Go!

So I started this thing and posted diligently... and almost immediately took a hiatus for a vacation.  That shows true dedication, right?  And now I'm completely distracted each night by the Olympics.  Who doesn't love watching sports you never pay attention to but once every 4 years?  Sure, I may cheer for *insert non US citizen pro athlete here* on a daily basis, but this is my chance to call them dirty foreign scum, beat my chest for no reason, and chant USA! over and over again.  I can almost hear the eagle cries in the background now.

But I digress. 

The point of this post is to get back in the swing of things and not falter so quickly on this whole writing idea.  I need to do a slight reset before I dive back in (sports pun!).  After reading a couple of the ones I posted, and a lot of what I've been writing and not posting is, unfortunately, quite negative and far too angry for what I'm trying to accomplish.  While it's honest, I don't need to let myself become this snide, bitter bitch on wheels with only mean things to say.  I'm much more capable than that, and I need to do a better job of showing it.  Plus, writing angry only makes me more angry and the whole point of writing is to do something I enjoy and escape from the things in life I can't change but irritate me so.

All it took was a week without a computer, a drop of about 20 degrees in average high temperatures, amazing beaches, and watching my daughter play on said beaches to gain a little perspective.  We'll see how long it lasts.  But for now, I'm working on re-editing a few things, coming up with some new material (that hopefully hasn't reached dead horse status yet), and entering my first short story competition (hopefully I get it finished in time).

Fear not, my almost dozen readers!  I shall carry forth into the fray and bring wit, attitude, and quirk back into your reading lives!  And yes, there will probably be an entire post on gymnastics--even though it's been almost 20 years now, it still took up a major part of my life and influenced the person I've become in SO many ways.  I might even throw out a few hot sports opinions on some of the "famous" gymnasts from years past I had various interactions with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment