Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Wrote Haikus

So weird things happen in email sometimes that lead to hilarious things--and yesterday my coworkers and I got off on a random tangent of haiku writing.  Then I posted it to Twitter and said I'd take requests.  I got four.

On Baby Feet:
Scamper about you
Little toes curled and happy
Covered in vomit

On Elephant Ears:
Giant, round and grey
They hear the roars of lions
But can't run away

On Staples:
My Swingline is best
Binding makes me quite angry
I could burn this place

On Malbec:
French grapes make great wine
Argentina found this true
Nazis drink it up

I was quite amused writing them.  I managed to make a great Mike Judge reference, WWII escapee reference through wine of all things, and even one that was intentionally a little profound.  You want me to write for you now.  I can tell.  I promise I'll only be offensive if given expressed permission. 

I'll write a few more if I get another topic suggestion in the comments.  The more obscure the topic, the more fun it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment